- 22 Nov 2022
- Updated on 22 Nov 2022
What is the WeMod Overlay?
The WeMod overlay is the easiest way to enable mods without leaving the game or remembering hotkeys. Simply open the overlay (Win+G) and activate the mods by clicking on them with your mouse. The overlay can also be pinned so you can always see what mods are enabled.
How do I use the WeMod Overlay?
The overlay only has two prerequisites: an active Pro membership and the ability to install the Xbox Game Bar. The Xbox Game Bar requires Windows 10 or newer; this is a limitation set forth by Microsoft and is not something that WeMod has any control over. If you are unsure if you are currently a Pro member, you can check your subscription status here: https://www.wemod.com/account/billing
Installing the Xbox Game Bar
If you have not already installed the Xbox Game Bar, you will need to do so before you can use the overlay. You can download the Xbox Game Bar from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-bar/9nzkpstsnw4p
Installing the WeMod Overlay
The WeMod Overlay is an Xbox Game Bar widget and can be obtained from the Microsoft Store. You can download and install the WeMod Overlay widget by clicking Get on this page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/wemod-overlay/9p2c17tk96bb
If you have previously installed the WeMod Overlay, you will not need to do so again unless you removed it.
Using the WeMod Overlay
Once you have the WeMod overlay installed, you are all set. To get started, follow the steps below.
- Open the Xbox Game Bar by pressing Win (windows key between ctrl and alt) and G simultaneously.
- If this is your first time using the WeMod Overlay, you will need to open it in the Game Bar. This can be done by clicking "Widget Menu" at the top and then selecting WeMod.
- Once the WeMod Overlay is open, head over to WeMod and start a game
- Once the play button has changed from Play to Playing the Overlay is ready to use. You can now quickly activate mods in-game by opening the Game Bar and clicking the mods you want to enable
Can I change the hotkey to access the WeMod Overlay?
Yes! A custom hotkey can be set from the Windows settings. To access this press the Windows key, type settings, select gaming, and finally set a custom shortcut for Open Xbox Game Bar.
Can I change the opacity of the WeMod Overlay while pinned?
The opacity of pinned Xbox Game Bar widgets can be changed from within the Xbox Game Bar settings.
- Open the Xbox Game Bar (Win+G)
- Open the Xbox Game Bar Settings
- Select the Personalization tab
- Adjust the Widget Transparency to your liking
Can I increase the text size of the overlay?
Yes! You can increase the text size by clicking the overlay widget then pressing ctrl and + simultaneously.