- 14 Dec 2022
Why can't I install WeMod?
- Atualizado em 14 Dec 2022
There are several reasons why you may not be able to install WeMod. The most common issues when installing WeMod are
- Antivirus blocking the installer
- Unsupported version of Windows
- Missing Windows updates
- Remaining files or unsuccessful update
Remaining files or unsuccessful update
If you are unable to reinstall WeMod after uninstalling it or updating it, there may be some residual files or corrupted files. Following these steps should resolve the issue
- Check task manager to make sure all WeMod processes are closed
- Open Windows programs and features by pressing Window Key + R and then typing AppWiz.cpl and clicking OK
- Make sure WeMod is not shown as installed. If it is you should attempt to uninstall it.
- Navigate to Appdata and delete any existing WeMod folders in Local and Roaming. Appdata can quickly be accessed by pressing Windows Key + R then typing Appdata and hitting enter.
- Restart your computer
- Add the installer as an exception in your antivirus
- Run the installer again
If you have an antivirus installed, please add the WeMod installer as an exception or disable your antivirus temporarily while installing WeMod.
Unsupported version of Windows
WeMod requires .Net Framework 4.7.1 or higher. We recommend installing the newest .Net Framework before attempting to install WeMod. Please make sure your OS meets the requirements for .Net Framework 4.7+ https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56116
If you just reinstalled Windows you may be missing critical updates. Make sure you are running Windows 7, 8.1, 10, or 11 and have the latest updates installed. You can check for updates by following the instructions here.