WeMod is stuck on the loading screen
If WeMod is hanging on this screen it may be caused by a few issues, the most common being an antivirus blocking the connection or Xfinity/Comcast internet blocking the connection.
Here are a few troubleshooting tips:
- Close WeMod from task manager, doing so fixes the issue most of the time.
- Whitelist WeMod in your antivirus. Whitelisting WeMod will be different in every antivirus. We've provided a tutorial for BitDefender here.
- If you've whitelisted WeMod and still have issues downloading the cheats your ISP might be blocking the download or your router/modem is misconfigured. Xfinity(Comcast) customers using Xfi Advantage will need to disable Xfi Advance Security or add your computer to a DMZ(not recommended).
Disabling Xfi Advance Security
- Navigate to https://internet.xfinity.com/ You will need to sign in with your Comcast username and password.
- Click "More" then "My Services"
- Select "Disable" then click the slider
- The Xfi Advance Security is now disabled
Adding your PC to a DMZ
DMZs are not recommended and can pose a security risk. This should only be used temporarily!
- Navigate to https://internet.xfinity.com/
- Click "Network" then "Advanced Settings"
- Click "DMZ"
- Select "Edit" then check "Enable". You will need your computer's local IP. Do do this press windows key+R then type CMD and press enter. Type "ipconfig" then press enter. Now enter the IPV4 address in the box and click apply changes.
- You've now set-up and a DMZ.