WeMod fails to download cheats
This is most commonly caused by an antivirus blocking WeMod from downloading additional files. Adding an exception to your antivirus before using WeMod should fix this issue. If you continue having issues you may need to disable or uninstall your antivirus.
Whitelisting WeMod will be different in every antivirus. We've provided a tutorial for BitDefender here.
If you've whitelisted WeMod and still have issues downloading the cheats your ISP might be blocking the download or your router/modem is misconfigured. Xfinity(Comcast) customers using Xfi Advantage will need to disable Xfi Advance Security or add your computer to a DMZ(not recommended).
Disabling Xfi Advance Security
- Navigate to https://internet.xfinity.com/ You will need to sign in with your Comcast username and password.
- Click "More" then "My Services"
- Select "Disable" then click the slider
- The Xfi Advance Security is now disabled
Adding your PC to a DMZ
DMZs are not recommended and can pose a security risk. This should only be used temporarily!
- Navigate to https://internet.xfinity.com/
- Click "Network" then "Advanced Settings"
- Click "DMZ"
- Select "Edit" then check "Enable". You will need your computer's local IP. Do do this press windows key+R then type CMD and press enter. Type "ipconfig" then press enter. Now enter the IPV4 address in the box and click apply changes.
- You've now set-up and a DMZ.