Why is Bitdefender flagging WeMod?
In order for the cheats to function, WeMod must run its code inside your game. Since most legitimate software does need to do this, Bitdefender blocks WeMod and alerts you that it is performing a malicious operation. Bitdefender does this to keep your PC safe from applications that try to steal data from other processes running on your computer. WeMod, however, has a legitimate reason to access your game while it's running: so it can run the cheats!
How can I stop Bitdefender from flagging WeMod?
There are three options to resolve the issue:
- Allow WeMod through Bitdefender's Advanced Threat Defense feature. Instructions are below
- Disable Bitdefender when using WeMod
- Uninstall Bitdefender and switch to another antivirus product. We recommend using Windows Defender, which comes preinstalled with Windows 10.
Allow WeMod in Bitdefender Total Security (Paid)
- Check for Bitdefender updates by right-clicking the icon in the system tray and clicking Update Now
- Open Bitdefender by right-clicking the icon in the system tray and selecting Show or by clicking the app icon in the Windows Start Menu
- In Bitdefender, open the Protection menu
- Under Advanced Threat Defense click Open (refer to picture above), then navigate to the Settings tab
- Click Manage exceptions then Add an Exception
- Open the Windows run screen by pressing
Windows Key + Rthen copy and paste this
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\WeModand click Ok
- Open the folder with the newest version of WeMod. Here, the folder name is app-7.0.11-beta00, but yours will likely be different
- Select resources → app.asar.unpacked → static → unpacked → auxiliary
- Drag WeModAuxiliaryService.exe into the Bitdefender exception Window
- Lastly, click Save. An exception has been added and you should no longer have issues using WeMod with Bitdefender
Allow WeMod in Bitdefender Free Edition
- Right-click on the Bitdefender icon in the system tray and click Show
- In Bitdefender, click the Settings cog and select Exclusions
- Click Add Exclusion
- Select Add Folder, then copy and paste this directory:
%username%with your Window's account username
- Click Add, then restart your computer
If Bitdefender has already blocked WeMod, you can add an exception quickly by going to the Events tab and clicking Exclude on the event.